This is a table-top role-playing game set in the world of Neil Gaiman's novel (and television series) Neverwhere. These pages have all you need to learn the basics of West End Games' D6 system, create your own characters, and run adventures in the Underside.
The world of Neverwhere exists parallel, aside, and under our own. In the subway systems, forgotten sewer tunnels, the shade of alleys, and the corner of your eye, a whole population of folk eke out a daily existence in a world full of magic, danger and endless, swirling surprises. These "underdwellers" pass invisible, right in front of our eyes, acknowledged for only a split second, but never recognized nor remembered. In their world, favors form the only real currency, alliances shift with the hours, and survival requires wits, brawn and more than a little luck.
Say goodbye to your boring, mindless job, your bland little cubicle, and your safe predictable life. You've just fallen beneath the cracks of the everyday world and into the shadows of the Underside.
Welcome to Neverwhere. If you can survive the first day, you just might make it a week...
The book Neverwhere is copyright Neil Gaiman, the TV series was copyright to the BBC, and this site is wholly unauthorized and exists "in the cracks of reality only by sufferance" of those nice folks. (That is a bit of futher plagerism directly from Neil himself. Thanks Neil!)
The gaming system is copyright West
End Games, who worked hard to create this fine system and are still
producing great games. Go buy some and keep them in business.
I highly recommend that you go out and pick up some West
End Games products. They have a number of PDF-version games
on sale now at RPGNow as well. This will fill in numerous gaps in
the system and help you flesh out your D6 campaign.
Also, Final Sword
Publications produces the Psibertroopers
role-playing game based on D6. You might find their rules
for psionics useful for Neverwhere (or you might just like playing
their game by itself!).
- The Matrix D6: fight to free the minds of humanity in the world of the movie The Matrix.
- Evil Dead D6: Horror. Action. Shlock. Load the shotgun, fire up the chainsaw, and get ready to blow away some undead scum.
- Buffy D6: boyfriends, bad grades, Apocalypse on a weekly basis. Try life in the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Appleseed D6: cyberpunk role-playing set in Masamune Shirow's Appleseed manga.
- Starcraft D6: fight for the future of your species in an rpg based on the best-selling computer game Starcraft.